Eclectic, 20th century
The building of the current local market started to be built in 1928 on the site of the former convent of San Telmo, based on the project by the architect Tomás Traver from Castellón. The basilica-style floor has characteristic features from the start of the 20th century. Its structure is formed by iron lattice beams on light and elegant cast-iron columns with capitals decorated with geometric vegetable motifs.
Today it continues to be the favourite meeting point for locals and tourists alike who love the municipality’s authentic culinary products. Locally sourced fruits, vegetables, and fresh fish, as well as the celebrated Vinaròs king prawns and other products, are sold inside every day.
Plaza Sant Agustí · Tel. +34 964 455 931/ +34 630 890 931
Winter hours from 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM and 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM / Saturdays from 7:30 AM to 2:00 PM
Summer hours from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM / Saturdays from 7:30 AM to 2:00 PM